We are pleased to announce our new book is now available:
Rare and Unusual Black Forest Clocks
by Justin J. Miller
Book description by the publisher, Schiffer LTD:
“The creativity, innovation, and craftsmanship represented by the clocks from Germany’s Black Forest region are well covered in this definitive guide. English-speaking horologists receive comprehensive information and insights that have heretofore only been available in German. Over 700 striking images showcase the finest examples of clocks made in the region. The text provides much needed information on preeminent clockmakers Johann Baptist Beha and Emilian Wehrle, which place this among the best comprehensive single volumes ever produced in any language. This work also explains the various mechanisms and guides collectors and others trying to identify individual clocks by type, production era, and maker. The engaging text also vividly brings to life both the rich, romantic history of families and entire communities of craftsmen cooperating to create these unique timepieces that have drawn increasing numbers enthusiasts to the excitement of Black Forest horology.”
|Size:||9 x 12|
|Illustrations:||721 color photos|
- 700+ High quality color illustrations of clocks, movements, components, catalogs, and related literature.
- Labeled images/diagrams identifying clocks by period, type, and maker.
- Detailed biographies of clockmakers and firms including: Johann Baptist Beha, Emilian Wehrle, Theodor and Aron Ketterer, Samuel Kammerer, Johann Georg Beha, Lorenz Bob, Joseph and Franz Joseph Sorg, Jakob Herbstreit, Gordian Hettich Sohn, Philip Haas & Söhne, Fürderer Jaegler & Cie., Camerer, Kuss & Co., and more.
- Foreword by Roman and Maz Piekarski of the Cuckooland Museum.
- Extensive section on Johann Baptist Beha contributed by world-renown Beha expert, Wilhelm Schneider.
- Fully Indexed and Referenced
* $8.99 Shipping applies to orders shipped within the United States. International Shipping at $39.99.